The Lunar New Year is almost upon us where we will be entering the year of the pig! It is time to start planning your where you will be celebrating and what will be served as you gather with family and friends for this joyous time. Easy to make and consume items will probably be the type of food you will be looking to have for your guests. Nothing is easier and more delicious than preparing scrumptious dumplings for your Lunar New Year festivities! Below are some popular dumplings that will be a surefire hit!
- Boiled Chinese Dumplings – Traditional boiled Chinese dumplings are a staple to any Asian celebration where you can stuff them with any filling of your choosing.
- Pork Dumplings with Chile-Sesame Sauce – Turn your creative juices on by crafting delicious dumplings filled with pork, shiitake mushrooms, bok choy, scallions, and ginger. Once you are done making the dumplings, cover them in a chile-sesame sauce for an enhanced flavor that will have your guests wanting more.
- Cabbage, Watercress, and Pine Nut Dumplings – If you are a fan of boiled dumplings then you will love the combination of cabbage, watercress, and pine packed into freshly boiled dumplings that can be topped off with a little bit of soy sauce.
- Pork-Kimchi Dumpling Pancakes – Take traditional dumpling making and give it a new groove with these creative fried dumpling pancakes! The same great flavors of pork and kimchi but now in a crisp and round pancake form!
- Shrimp-and-Pork Dumplings With Bamboo Shots – Whether you wrap these dumplings in wonton wrappers or use cornstarch, wheat starch, water, and shortening, you are sure to have a fan favorite ready to go for the new year.
Be sure to check back with us to learn about more dumplings for Lunar New Year as the date approaches us! Contact The Dumpling Room for information on our pork, chicken, veggie, and seafood dumpling classes in and around Cambridge & Boston, MA as well as custom classes to learn these advanced recipes!